Alexandra in Islington is 21-30 and is Recording Artist, Songwriter & Actress..
In June 2014, Alexandra Burke took on her first stage role, as the star the hit musical, ‘The Bodyguard’, following in the footsteps of her idol Whitney Houston.
Alexandra rose to fame after winning X-factor in 2008. She’s since had international success, releasing two major studio albums and winning several awards for her music. But there is another passion of hers beyond singing that she has kept hidden for a long time – acting.
This new short documentary follows Alexandra for a day – as she travels from talk shows to luxury hotels, and eventually takes the stage at the Adelphi Theatre. She is constantly accompanied throughout by a loyal team of managers and stylists making it hard not to notice similarities between the life of her character in ‘The Bodyguard’.
At the end of the play Alexandra is surprised in her dressing room by the singing legend Dionne Warwick, Whitney Houston’s cousin, who has come to congratulate her for her towering performance.
Related articles across the web
Film Maker: Daniel Onyia, Mark Currie, Nick Shaw
Questions & Answers
- What's your first memory of London? As a young child rolling down the hill at Alexandra Palace with my sister and brothers.
- What do you miss when you're away from London? My Family.
- What's your favourite neighbourhood? Islington
- What's your favourite building? The Natural History Museum, the architecture of this building is amazing I never tire of looking at it.
- What's your ideal day out in London? Taking the dogs out for a walk on Hampstead Heath, then having a picnic in the grounds of Kenwood House, then later a cocktail or two at the W Hotel.
- What's your ideal night out in London? Dinner in one of London's fantastic restaurants (we are so lucky to have great choices here), followed by drinks at a bar then a club.
- What's your most hated building? I don't hate any building although I find most tower blocks quite ugly.
- What's the best view in London? Top of the London Eye, on a clear day its breathtaking!
- What's your favourite open space? Kenwood House, in Hampstead Heath
- What's the most interesting shop? AFTER NOAH: Its the cutest vintage shop ever and its in my home area! It sells everything from vintage toys to home things and restored furniture.
- What's your favourite place to hang out? Hampstead: the shops, the restaurants.
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? Ooh now that would be telling!!!! LoL Lets just say it involved lots of alcohol and some slightly embarrassing behaviour!!!
- How would you like to spend your ideal day off in London? Firstly I'd start with a lie in, then go round to my mums for a big family dinner with my sister, brothers, nieces and nephews etc
- Where would you take someone visiting from out of town? To all the iconic landmarks: Buckingham Palace, Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey etc
- What's the worst journey you've had to make in London? Any journey on the tube during rush hour.
- What's your personal London landmark? Tower Bridge.
- Who's your favourite fictional Londoner? Sherlock Holmes
- What's your favourite London film, book or documentary? 1000 Londoners of course!! No seriously its such an amazing concept and really well done, I was honoured to be asked to take part.
- If you could travel to any time period in London, past or future, where would you go? I would travel to the Future and see what's going on in the year 2100
- For you, who is the ultimate Londoner? David Beckham.