Sander in Richmond is 21-30 and is a ballet dancer.
Sander is a professional ballet dancer. Originally from Belgium, he started dancing in Bruges at the age of 4. At 15, he got into the Royal Ballet School in London. We meet Sander as a dancer at the Royal Ballet. At the time the film is being released, Sander has pursued his other passion: teaching dance. He now runs his own ballet studio in Battersea.
Film Maker: Daniel Onyia, Laura Kloss
Questions & Answers
- What's your first memory of London? My first memory of London was arriving at King's Cross station and I felt like I was Harry Potter arriving at Hogwarts.
- What do you miss when you're away from London? I always miss the constant buzz that comes with living in London. Also having shops open late and on weekends.
- What's your favourite neighbourhood? I have a lot of favourite neighbourhoods in London depending on what mood I am in, for shopping I go to Bond Street, for a nice walk I love Richmond Park and for a nice catch up with friends everywhere is good.
- What's your favourite building? Favourite building is the Royal Ballet School, have so many happy memories there and it has a very luxurious feel inside.
- What's your ideal day out in London? Ideal day out is on the weekend, breakfast at the breakfast club in Clapham, walk in Richmond Park with my dogs followed by Lunch in the park. From there going to the movies or catching up with friends followed by a nice dinner at one of London’s many nice pubs.
- What's your ideal night out in London? I am not really a going out person so I would rather go to the theatre or go for dinner with friends but I have heard Mahiki is great ?
- What's your most hated building? Can’t think of one
- What's the best view in London? Best view is from The Shard
- What's your favourite open space? Richmond Park
- What's your favourite bar, pub or restaurant? The Brown Dog Pub in Barnes, which is dog friendly
- What's your favourite place to hang out? At home, love hosting drinks or dinner at home.
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? The night my husband proposed to me after a show at the Royal Opera House, next to the river Thames.
- How would you like to spend your ideal day off in London? Same as ideal day out
- Where would you take someone visiting from out of town? Chelsea
- What's the worst journey you've had to make in London? Public transport is very frequent in London so it is never the worst journey, however as you get used to this frequent flow of traffic it can be annoying when delays happen.
- What's your personal London landmark? Buckingham Palace, it just oozes Grand
- If you could travel to any time period in London, past or future, where would you go? Now
- For you, who is the ultimate Londoner? Everyone in London, all the mixtures of people and cultures is what makes London so special