From elaborate models made of jelly to flavoured fireworks displays, Sam’s passion for food has lead to the creation of a vast array of multi-sensory dining experiences. The culinary images that only existed in our dreams or Willy Wonka stories, are brought to life in Sam’s studio.
Film Maker: Peter Kelly
Questions & Answers
- What's your first memory of London? The circus on blackheath. The clown removed ten pairs of trousers.
- What do you miss when you're away from London? The humour of Londoners, the smell of the Thames and the powerful energy of the city.
- What's your favourite neighbourhood? I’m a Southwark native.
- What's your favourite building? The Barbican’s secret jungle conservatory.
- What's your ideal day out in London? Deviling up a new idea in my studio to unleash on the capital. Right now it is Organs of London; a meal pairing the capital’s greatest instrumental organs with flesh.
- What's your ideal night out in London? Feasting like an ogre at St. John.
- What's your most hated building? Buckingham Palace makes my ulcer burn.
- What's the best view in London? From the Royal Observatory. As you stand on the Greenwich Meridian you can marvel at the scientific project while you survey the city.
- What's your favourite open space? I prefer London in the winter and indoors.
- What's your favourite bar, pub or restaurant? Dandelyan is topnotch for mixed drinks.
- What's the most interesting shop? Whisky Exchange for the sensual and luxurious spirits.
- What's your favourite place to hang out? The mysterious and romantic stacks in the London Library.
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? Hosting the New Year’s Eve fireworks show for London with a live audience of 250,000. You could taste all the fireworks and they tasted fruity.
- How would you like to spend your ideal day off in London? Rock climbing at The Arch and then Sir John Soan’s Museum.
- Where would you take someone visiting from out of town? Namco Station for the fastest bumper cars in Europe.
- What's the worst journey you've had to make in London? When I missed two flights in a day on opposite sides of London.
- What's your personal London landmark? Where the ley lines collide on the Thames foreshore.
- Who's your favourite fictional Londoner? Cruella de Vil
- What's your favourite London film, book or documentary? Withnail and I
- If you could travel to any time period in London, past or future, where would you go? The Great Exhibition
- For you, who is the ultimate Londoner? Alexis Soyer