Khan runs the Food Inn, a 24 hour supermarket in Canning Town. The shop offers a range of food products from different cultures and countries such as Poland, Bulgaria and even Nigeria. Khan knows that this gives the shop an advantage over the big supermarket chains like Asda and Tesco because it caters to a multicultural London. Born in Pakistan, he’s always had an entrepreneurial spirt and dreams of owning his own business one day.
Related articles across the web
Film Maker: Daniel Onyia
Questions & Answers
- What's your first memory of London? I remember thinking that London is so dirty, it's not how it looks on the TV or movies. I came to Canning Town and thought this can't be what London is like. Then I went to central London and realised this is the London I've seen on TV.
- What do you miss when you're away from London? The people. You can't find most things anywhere, but the people are irreplaceable.
- What's your favourite neighbourhood? Canning Town
- What's your favourite building? The Shard
- What's your ideal day out in London? Taking the boat down the river thames to the O2 or the London Eye.
- What's your ideal night out in London? Just sitting at my computer chatting to friends and family or watching movies.
- What's your most hated building? The tower block in Canning Town (Thomas North Terrace). But it's now been knocked down.
- What's the best view in London? When you're on the London Eye during sunset. It's so nice
- What's your favourite open space? Victoria Park
- What's the most interesting shop? My shop. Food Inn, Canning Town.
- What's your favourite place to hang out? Efes Restaurant in Whitechapel.
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? Before I was married - I liked to spend time going out with different female friends.
- How would you like to spend your ideal day off in London? I'd like to just relax, go to a restaurant and perhaps end it with a trip to the cinema.
- Where would you take someone visiting from out of town? The famous places like the London Eye, Oxford Street and now Westfields as it's close to me.
- What's the worst journey you've had to make in London? Driving to central London during the morning rush hour. You feel like you're in the car for a whole day.
- What's your personal London landmark? Canning Town
- If you could travel to any time period in London, past or future, where would you go? Travel back to when I first arrived in London as it all felt new to me.
- For you, who is the ultimate Londoner? My boss