Kareen in Enfield is 31-40 and is Social Entrepreneur.
Kareen is a woman of many interests. When she’s not busy running her eco-friendly aquaponics garden, she’s supporting her favourite heavy metal bands and is a keen Metaller. As someone with bipolar disorder she finds her various interests therapeutic in their own unique way. Despite the fact that having bipolar disorder has affected her career she trained to become a qualified gas engineer and plumber and has managed to combine her skills and interests to create her own social enterprise.
Film Maker: Daniel Onyia, David Kirkwood
Questions & Answers
- What's your first memory of London? Thorpe Park and the plastic smell.
- What do you miss when you're away from London? The twenty four hour shopping.
- What's your favourite neighbourhood? North London, Oakwood.
- What's your favourite building? The Tower of London.
- What's your ideal day out in London? Visiting the parks and forests. Also the 2 for 1 attractions. I would try and see as many tourist attractions in one day as possible.
- What's your ideal night out in London? Going to a Heavy Metal night, probably at Underworld.
- What's your most hated building? Emirates.
- What's the best view in London? Alexandra Palace.
- What's your favourite open space? Wandstead Flats.
- What's the most interesting shop? Games workshop. It has role playing games, like Dungeons and Dragons.
- What's your favourite place to hang out? At the Camden Lock. It has a great metal community.
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? Seeing Black Crusade at Brixton Academy. I'm also seeing Black Sabbath in Hyde Park next!
- How would you like to spend your ideal day off in London? Spent with my dogs.
- Where would you take someone visiting from out of town? To central London, or to Camden stables. I took my sister there once.
- What's the worst journey you've had to make in London? Underground, during the height of summer, with lots of delays.
- What's your personal London landmark? The Cutty Sark. I love the way they have restored it and I used to visit it as a kid.
- Who's your favourite fictional Londoner? Sherlock Holmes.
- What's your favourite London film, book or documentary? Attack The Block.
- If you could travel to any time period in London, past or future, where would you go? The Gothic Renaissance, without the slavery.
- For you, who is the ultimate Londoner? My dad. He came out of poverty, had no education and worked hard his entire life. He used to work as a taxi driver. He's also always been there for me.