Griff works in an airsoft shop, selling replica assault rifles and pistols in leafy Highgate. Airsoft is a realistic war game using guns that shoot plastic pellets. It has a growing following. Griff has been working there ever since he left the armed forces and settled down to a quieter life with his boyfriend.
Related articles across the web
Questions & Answers
- What's your first memory of London? Visiting the science museum with my parents when I was 7.
- What do you miss when you're away from London? The convenience of 24hr stores.
- What's your favourite neighbourhood? Crouch End.
- What's your favourite building? The Shard.
- What's your ideal day out in London? Going for a nice walk around central with my boyfriend.
- What's your ideal night out in London? Going out to watch a movie because I'm old and boring!
- What's your most hated building? Anywhere where the local council resides.
- What's the best view in London? The view from the eye is pretty bitchin'.
- What's your favourite open space? Hampstead Heath.
- What's the most interesting shop? Pro Airsoft Supplies!
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? The night where I got so drunk I slept rough in the rain in my suit.
- Where would you take someone visiting from out of town? Central for the hustle and bustle that you don't find anywhere else.
- What's the worst journey you've had to make in London? Any time I have to use the tube during rush hour.
- What's your personal London landmark? Centre Point so I can get my bearings when in the city.
- Who's your favourite fictional Londoner? Sherlock Holmes!
- What's your favourite London film, book or documentary? 28 Days Later.
- If you could travel to any time period in London, past or future, where would you go? The 60's, I hear it was pretty interesting back then.
- For you, who is the ultimate Londoner? I would say the Mayor of London.