David in is and is Curator at Dennis Severs' House.
David is the curator of Dennis Sever’s House, which is located in an area of Spitalfields that has 18th century houses and warehouses, and holds great historical importance. The City of London have plans to gentrify the area, which David is campaigning to stop in order to preserve the history and beauty of London.
Film Maker: Peter Kelly, Sinéad Loftus
Questions & Answers
- What's your first memory of London? My first memory of London gosh that’s a difficult one as I’ve so many of them. Having tea with my gran at the ritz as a boy.
- What do you miss when you're away from London? It’s immense energy and street life.
- What's your favourite neighbourhood? South Bank and Soho.
- What's your favourite building? The Tower Of London.
- What's your ideal day out in London? The British Museum and Lunch at 76 Dean Street.
- What's your ideal night out in London? Theatre and Supper with friends afterwards.
- What's your most hated building? 20 Fenchurch Street, The Walkie Talkie.
- What's the best view in London? From Hampstead Heath.
- What's your favourite open space? Holland Park, it’s so beautiful and quiet.
- What's your favourite bar, pub or restaurant? Little House in Mayfair.
- What's the most interesting shop? Pollock’s Toy Museum and shop.
- What's your favourite place to hang out? Tate, South Bank.
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? Trade Night Club, it was an incredible club.
- How would you like to spend your ideal day off in London? A walk in the park or along the river mudlarking if the tide permits.
- Where would you take someone visiting from out of town? To Dennis Severs House for a private tour.
- What's the worst journey you've had to make in London? Rush hour on the tube.
- What's your personal London landmark? Wren’s Monument to the fire.
- Who's your favourite fictional Londoner? Sherlock Holmes.
- What's your favourite London film, book or documentary? Charles Dickens Oliver Twist.
- If you could travel to any time period in London, past or future, where would you go? Most likely the 17th century, it was quite a time, plague, civil war, the fire!
- For you, who is the ultimate Londoner? The Monarch.