Charlie in Hammersmith and Fulham is 31-40 and is Auctioneer.
Charlie has been an Auctioneer at Bonhams for 11 years and is head of period design. He’s someone who loves the challenge and excitement of the auctioning process; from discovering antiques to making sure they get sold.
Related articles across the web
Film Maker: Daniel Onyia
Questions & Answers
- What's your first memory of London? I grew up in Battersea, so Battersea Park is my first memory, feeding the ducks and going to the children’s zoo (where I now take my child)
- What do you miss when you're away from London? Convenience!
- What's your favourite neighbourhood? Parsons Green, Fulham- home!
- What's your favourite building? The Royal Hospital, Chelsea a Wren masterpiece, amazing that the purpose it was built for in the mid 17th century is still what it is used for today.
- What's your ideal day out in London? Going to Battersea Park with the family and then lunch on the Kings Road, somewhere like the Bluebird cafe.
- What's your ideal night out in London? Dinner and then ending up in the American bar afterwards.
- What's your most hated building? Westfield, Shepherds Bush, great shops, poor architecture
- What's the best view in London? Probably the maternity floor at St Georges hospital, I visited a friend after they gave birth there and was so entranced by the view of the palace of Westminster I didn’t see the baby! Failing that anywhere high up, like the penthouse at the New Zealand high commission.
- What's your favourite open space? The walled garden at Fulham Palace, its five minutes from my house and I could be in the middle of the countryside!
- What's your favourite bar, pub or restaurant? Favourite restaurant is Simpsons-in-the-Strand, amazing and unchanged
- What's the most interesting shop? Liberty
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? Probably my stag do, which started in Simpsons and ended up at Whiskey mist
- How would you like to spend your ideal day off in London? The same as my ideal day out in London!
- Where would you take someone visiting from out of town? Top of the Shard, then choose from there where to go next
- What's the worst journey you've had to make in London? Any trip on the tube during rush hour, I dread it!
- What's your personal London landmark? Albert Bridge
- Who's your favourite fictional Londoner? Withnail / Del Boy
- What's your favourite London film, book or documentary? Italian Job- its starts in London....
- If you could travel to any time period in London, past or future, where would you go? 60’s
- For you, who is the ultimate Londoner? The Queen