Anthony is a resourceful young man who has had many problems to overcome in his past. After finding himself in a situation that went from, “Once in a blue moon to Once in a blue sky”, Anthony decides to take a new direction in his life. We follow Anthony on a journey through his past, pausing to reflect at locations in Greenwich important to his story.
This film was produced by SElect 18, a social enterprise funded by The Royal Borough of Greenwich Drugs, Alcohol, Mental Health Integrated Commission, under the guidance of professional filmmakers from Chocolate Films. The film was written,shot and edited in 5 half day workshops.
Related articles across the web
Questions & Answers
- What's your first memory of London? My first memory of London is feeding the pigeons in Trafalgar Square.
- What do you miss when you're away from London? When Im away from London I miss the transport network like the Nightbus and Tube. Also miss the hustle and bustle of city life.
- What's your favourite neighbourhood? My favourite neighbourhood is Bermondsey, because that's where I come from.
- What's your favourite building? The Guy's Tower.
- What's your ideal day out in London? My ideal day out is seeing some of the attractions and visiting places like St Katherine's dock.
- What's your ideal night out in London? An ideal night out would be a night at the Theatre.
- What's your most hated building? The Millenium Dome, as the Government sold it off for a pound!
- What's the best view in London? Alexandra Palace as that is where my Grandad's ashes are scattered. I used to go there sit and look out over London.
- What's your favourite open space? My favourite open space is Greenwich Park.
- What's your favourite bar, pub or restaurant? Its got to be Galvins at Windows.
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? A night on the tiles, being carried out by friends from the Penthouse Nightclub that had windows looking out over Leicester Square.
- How would you like to spend your ideal day off in London? Going round either Borough or Brick Lane Markets.
- Where would you take someone visiting from out of town? Central London for a night out.
- What's the worst journey you've had to make in London? This was horrific. Trying to get home from Twickenham Stadium and it took us 5 Hours to get back to as someone had fallen under the train, so we went to get a bus to Hammersmith however we missed the last tube. So we went and got a nightbus to Trafalgar Square where we boarded another bus which subsequently broke down on Waterloo Bridge so we had to wait another hour for another bus to com. We got home at 4 am when we should have got home at Midnight.
- What's your personal London landmark? Trafalgar Square.
- Who's your favourite fictional Londoner? Yvonne Atkins from Bad Girls.
- What's your favourite London film, book or documentary? Beautiful Thing.
- If you could travel to any time period in London, past or future, where would you go? Victorian London, that seemed to be an era of change.
- For you, who is the ultimate Londoner? Me.