George represents West Ham United Football Club for Kickz, the Premier League’s social inclusion programme, as a co-ordinator. He works with disadvantaged young people around the boroughs of Newham and Tower Hamlets to engage them in football and sport activities, as well as providing them education and training opportunities for future employment.
Film Maker: Daniel Onyia
Questions & Answers
- What's your first memory of London? Playing in the local park with my family and friends.
- What do you miss when you're away from London? Family and friends.
- What's your favourite neighbourhood? East London, where I’ve grown up.
- What's your favourite building? One Canada Square in Canary Wharf.
- What's your ideal day out in London? Shopping on Oxford Street, afternoon tea at Covent Garden, then drinks with friends at a West End bar.
- What's your ideal night out in London? The City. High-end dining and then a bar with friends.
- What's your most hated building? I don’t think I have one.
- What's the best view in London? The City from the London Eye.
- What's your favourite open space? Hyde Park is very relaxing, and is a great place to socialise and chill.
- What's your favourite bar, pub or restaurant? Cosmos or Creams.
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? The London 2012 Olympic Opening Ceremony.
- How would you like to spend your ideal day off in London? Family and friends.
- Where would you take someone visiting from out of town? A mini-London Tour. The site of the London 2012 Olympics, The London Eye, Embankment, Oxford Street, Stratford Westfield, Madame Tussaud's, Tower Bridge, Mayfair.
- What's the worst journey you've had to make in London? South London on a day with limited Underground service.
- What's your personal London landmark? Brick lane and Camden.
- Who's your favourite fictional Londoner? Austin Powers.
- What's your favourite London film, book or documentary? Phantom of the Opera.
- If you could travel to any time period in London, past or future, where would you go? I would like to go back to 2004, when I was signed to Arsenal and work even harder to try and achieve my dream of playing professional football.
- For you, who is the ultimate Londoner? Myself