Tracy in Hillingdon is 31-40 and is a youth worker and barmaid.
Tracy is a barmaid in Sipson, a village under the shadow of Heathrow airport. If a third runway goes ahead there, she stands to lose her house, work and her children’s school. This is why she has campaigned for Grow Heathrow, a community project squatting legally where the runway may be built. She herself is a positive burst of energy in a part of London where the future of things are anything but certain.
Film Maker: Nick Shaw
Questions & Answers
- What do you miss when you're away from London? I never miss London!
- What's your favourite neighbourhood? Sipson.
- What's your favourite building? The Royal Albert Hall.
- What's your ideal day out in London? All my family in London celebrating something together.
- What's your ideal night out in London? My colleague Catherine's 21st birthday but not be as drunk as I was!
- What's your most hated building? Terminal 5, Heathrow.
- What's the best view in London? The River Walk in Fulham.
- What's your favourite open space? Grow Heathrow.
- What's the most interesting shop? The People's Supermarket near Great Ormond Street. Or Lush.
- What's your favourite place to hang out? The Embankment for all the free entertainments, the buskers.
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? The night I met my husband in Bermondsey.
- What's the worst journey you've had to make in London? It once took me an hour and fifty minutes on the underground to get to Clapham from here.
- What's your personal London landmark? Clem Attlee in Fulham, it's a shithole estate.
- Who's your favourite fictional Londoner? Danger Mouse!
- What's your favourite London film, book or documentary? Just Do It, the film.
- If you could travel to any time period in London, past or future, where would you go? A hundred years in the future to see how much we've messed it up.
- For you, who is the ultimate Londoner? I'd have Ian Wright as Lord Mayor and Ray Winstone as Prime Minister.