As the longest – attending member of the Lambeth Adults Autism Club, Tara has grown in confidence and independence during her ten years there. She’s a friendly and valued member of the group, always there for her friends and family. Over the years Tara has been involved in a variety of activities, always willingly to take part with a smile on her face. She looks forward to remaining a member of the club and getting a freedom pass.
Film Maker: Lambeth Autism Group
Questions & Answers
- What's your first memory of London? My first memory of London is when I joined the Young Vic theatre group. I have done a lot of performances with the group and I really enjoyed it.
- What do you miss when you're away from London? I do miss my friends and family when I'm away.
- What's your favourite neighbourhood? My favourite neighbourhoods are Streatham and Clapham. I enjoyed visiting the fun fairs, whenever there come to Clapham Common.
- What's your favourite building? My favourite building is the Megabowl, because it was a good place to relax and have fun with friends.
- What's your ideal day out in London? My ideal day out in London is visiting many museums - like the RAF and Science museum.
- What's your ideal night out in London? My ideal night out in London is a night at the Octopus Club, especially when I get a chance to sing my heart out!
- What's your most hated building? I haven't got a hated building, yet...
- What's the best view in London? I love the view from the cable car, even though I was a bit jumpy from the experience!
- What's your favourite open space? I go to Battersea Park a lot, because it's my favourite.
- What's your favourite bar, pub or restaurant? I went to a place in Chinatown and it was great. I would love to go back sometime.
- What's the most interesting shop? The C.E.X shop was the most interesting place to play and sell games and DVDs.
- What's your favourite place to hang out? The Landsdowne Centre was my favourite place to hang out, but now that the Lambeth Autism Club has moved to Stockwell Centre, I have a new favourite.
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? My memorable night out is when I went to see 'Scotsborough Boys' at Young Vic in November 2014.
- How would you like to spend your ideal day off in London? I would spend my day off at the fun fair.
- Where would you take someone visiting from out of town? I would take someone on a day of sightseeing.
- What's the worst journey you've had to make in London? When I was on my way to meet a friend for a walk, I ended up on a wrong bus and by the time I worked out the way there, it was too late. So I decided to just go home.
- What's your personal London landmark? My landmark has to be the London Eye, because it gives you great view.
- Who's your favourite fictional Londoner? My favourite fictional Londoner is Paddington Bear, because he likes marmalade as much as me!
- What's your favourite London film, book or documentary? I like watching Eastenders, because it has a good "London" atmosphere.
- If you could travel to any time period in London, past or future, where would you go? I would like to travel a hundred years into the future, to see what has happened.
- For you, who is the ultimate Londoner? ALAN RICKMAN! Because he's the best actor ever!