Susie in Greenwich is 31-40 and is paralympic champion.
Susie Rodgers MBE is a true Paralympic hero. She has won a total of 30 international medals, including gold at Rio 2016. Currently taking a break from swim training, we meet Susie, her trainer and friends in Crystal Palace and get a look behind the scenes of what it means to be a Paralympic athlete.
Film Maker: Alexandra Lens, Reece Lipman
Questions & Answers
- What's your first memory of London? Trying to find a place to live and realising how vast it is, how little I knew about the different areas of the city and how expensive it is!
- What do you miss when you're away from London? The diversity and the sheer number of restaurants, options, things to do, museums, creativity. Everything in one place. Oh and the river: the heartbeat of London.
- What's your favourite neighbourhood? Greenwich and Crystal Palace.
- What's your favourite building? I quite like the Gherkin!
- What's your ideal day out in London? Going for a coffee in town, anywhere around Regent Street, Covent Garden or Green Park. The Parks are lovely too for a wander. Always somewhere to meet up with friends! Getting the riverboat as well. I love seeing London from the river!
- What's your ideal night out in London? A meal and a show at the theatre!
- What's your most hated building? The building in the City that looks like a giant Nokia phone!
- What's the best view in London? Probably from the Shard though I've not been up there yet. On my to do list!
- What's your favourite open space? Any of the Parks are lovely!
- What's your favourite bar, pub or restaurant? Pub I would say Walkers. Been there many times with old work colleagues around Westminster! Bar? The bar at the Sanderson Hotel is pretty cool. Restaurant I would say this amazing Sushi bar I found in Covent Garden. I think it's a Danish chain but I went there recently, found it by chance before a show and it was incredible. The baked avocado was amazing! I also love the restaurants by the river at Hays Galleria.
- What's the most interesting shop? The ones in Covent Garden market are quirky!
- What's your favourite place to hang out? Greenwich park for the views.
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? Probably somewhere on the Southbank for my birthday!
- How would you like to spend your ideal day off in London? Coffee, people watching, shopping, a movie or theatre show.
- Where would you take someone visiting from out of town? Greenwich! Underrated but worth a visit!
- What's the worst journey you've had to make in London? The tube isn't fun when it's busy let's be honest.
- What's your personal London landmark? The Thames
- Who's your favourite fictional Londoner? James Bond!
- What's your favourite London film, book or documentary? I like the Bond films when you can recognise parts of the city: Skyfall, Casino Royale, Spectre...
- If you could travel to any time period in London, past or future, where would you go? Oh wow, I imagine it was very different during the War. It would be terrifying to see first hand what life was like here back then.
- For you, who is the ultimate Londoner? That's a tough one. The Queen?!