Stuart runs 3 souvenir shops in London and says the secret to the shop’s success is his wife’s touch. Everyday over 900 tourists walk through the doors and each one is looking for an authentic London experience.
Film Maker: Nathaniel Skeels
Questions & Answers
- What's your first memory of London? Driving up to my auntie's, who lived in Kings Cross. When I was about 8 or 9 years old.
- What do you miss when you're away from London? I miss the view from Waterloo Bridge as you walk across.
- What's your favourite neighbourhood? Wapping before it was redeveloped.
- What's your favourite building? The Gherkin.
- What's your ideal day out in London? Start in Greenwich, take the boat into central London and walk along South Bank passed the London Eye.
- What's your ideal night out in London? A couple of beers in Borough Market then a meal by London Bridge.
- What's your most hated building? There’s a monstrosity on Hopton Street, near Blackfriars Bridge on the south side of the river.
- What's the best view in London? One of the bars halfway up the Shard.
- What's your favourite open space? Greenwich Park
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? Many years ago I used to go to the Global Village Trucking, then fall asleep on the train home.
- How would you like to spend your ideal day off in London? I would get the boat to Kew gardens and have a walk around the gardens.
- Where would you take someone visiting from out of town? I’d take them to a restaurant near Tower Bridge, sit outside and just watch the world go by.
- What's the worst journey you've had to make in London? Any trip on the South Circular
- What's your personal London landmark? The statue at the top of Greenwich Hill
- Who's your favourite fictional Londoner? Alfie
- What's your favourite London film, book or documentary? Alfie
- If you could travel to any time period in London, past or future, where would you go? I would go to 2050 and see what had changed.
- For you, who is the ultimate Londoner? Sherlock Holmes