Sonia runs ‘Greenwich Bouncers’, a family run trampolining club with her daughters. She also works as a rebound therapist, where she facilitates exercise therapy which uses trampolines to provide opportunities for movement, and recreation for people with varying disabilities. She was inspired to set up the club from her own experience taking her daughter to trampolining classes as a child. She adores trampolining and couldn’t imagine doing anything different, “You cannot jump without smiling , without laughing or something… I’m just so pleased we’ve done this.”
Film Maker: Harriet Jones
Questions & Answers
- What's your first memory of London? Riding at the front of a 53 bus when I was a child, with my Dad as the driver and my Mum as the “Clippie” (conductor) going over Westminster Bridge
- What do you miss when you're away from London? The Food: fish and chips, beans on toast, steak and kidney pies
- What's your favourite neighbourhood? Blackheath Village
- What's your favourite building? The Savoy/Somerset House
- What's your ideal day out in London? Sightseeing/Window Shopping from on top of London Buses
- What's your ideal night out in London? A nice meal with friends, then drinks at a Bar
- What's your most hated building? The gherkin!
- What's the best view in London? From the Shard and/or London Eye
- What's your favourite open space? Greenwich Park
- What's the most interesting shop? Selfridges
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? Dinner/Cocktails with friends at the Oxo Tower followed by a walk along the South Bank
- How would you like to spend your ideal day off in London? Going to the Cinema in the afternoon
- Where would you take someone visiting from out of town? The West End: British Museum, National Gallery, China Town, Leicester Square, Piccadilly, Oxford Street, ending with a walk along the South Bank and a night ride on the London Eye
- What's the worst journey you've had to make in London? Driving through the West End and having to pay the Congestion Charge
- What's your personal London landmark? Tower Bridge
- Who's your favourite fictional Londoner? James Bond
- What's your favourite London film, book or documentary? The Italian Job!
- If you could travel to any time period in London, past or future, where would you go? The Roaring Twenties!
- For you, who is the ultimate Londoner? Michael Caine and Adele (can't decide!)