Samson is a reformed gang member from Ilford who found that Christianity provided a replacement father figure on his way out from trouble. Now an accomplished dancer and rapper, Sam is a positive force and role model for young urban teens. This film was made by young people participating in Tower Hamlet’s Futureversity at Rich Mix Cinema over a 5-day 1000 Londoners workshop.
Film Maker: Futureversity Group 2
Questions & Answers
- What's your first memory of London? Dancing, skating, meeting friends in London. To me then London was like another world; tourists, big crowds of people, always something to do.
- What do you miss when you're away from London? The noise, people, how bustling and busy it is. It's a complex city.
- What's your favourite neighbourhood? Stratford. I know a lot of people in this area.
- What's your favourite building? There's one in Canada Square, Canary Wharf with flashing lights on the roof. People know it's central London when they see that building.
- What's your ideal day out in London? Being with friends in central London, skating together.
- What's your ideal night out in London? When I turn 18 I'll go to more clubs, but currently, going out for food and skating.
- What's your most hated building? I don't have one.
- What's the best view in London? From the London Eye, or London Bridge. Everybody knows of these places and they're popular with tourists.
- What's your favourite open space? Hyde Park.
- What's the most interesting shop? JD Sports, being a teenager a lot of teens like to go JD.
- What's your favourite place to hang out? Leicester Square, Hyde Park, Waterloo (right next to the station there's this little tunnel that a lot of teenagers go to skate, South Bank as well.
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? One birthday I went to a dance competition in London and the London team won. It made me proud to come from London.
- How would you like to spend your ideal day off in London? Either dancing or singing. Some kind of performing.
- Where would you take someone visiting from out of town? If they like shopping Shepherds Bush, Oxford Street and Westfield. If they like the outdoors, Hyde Park, Liver Pool Street Box Park, all around London basically.
- What's the worst journey you've had to make in London? At Nottinghill Carnival, there were so many people on the train, it was so packed. I had to wait 20 stops, it took hours.
- What's your personal London landmark? China Town, only because I love Chinese food so much.
- What's your favourite London film, book or documentary? Harry Potter, it's a trend I followed and it's based in London.
- If you could travel to any time period in London, past or future, where would you go? When London bridge burnt down and the period after when London was rebuilt.