Rory in Richmond is 11-20 and is a student.
Londoner #287, Rory, developed a passion for 2D gaming and animation at an early age and is now pursuing studies in animation.
This film was made by young people aged 16-25 at West Thames College. Facilitated by professional filmmakers from Chocolate Films the participants developed documentary filmmaking skills, creating their very own 1000 Londoners short film. This filmmaking project was funded by Heathrow Community Fund.
Film Maker: West Thames College students
Questions & Answers
- What's your first memory of London? Growing up in Kew.
- What do you miss when you're away from London? My friends who live there.
- What's your favourite neighbourhood? Richmond.
- What's your favourite building? Probably the Barbican Centre. Either that or The ExCel.
- What's your ideal day out in London? Meeting up with friends and going somewhere like Camden.
- What's your ideal night out in London? Going out for drinks with friends or going to gigs.
- What's your most hated building? I can't think of one.
- What's the best view in London? The view from the top of Blythe Hill in Catford.
- What's your favourite open space? Either Richmond Park or Bushy Park.
- What's your favourite bar, pub or restaurant? Bar: Loading Bar in Stratford. Restaurant: Bodeans.
- What's the most interesting shop? Forbidden Planet or Shaftesbury Avenue.
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? Either meeting up with friends at the Loading Bar in Stratford on New Year's Eve 2017, any gig at the Boston Music Room or going to the pub with Geoff Ramsey, Jack Pattillo and Barbara Dunkelman of Rooster Teeth after MCM October 2016 (most of these events happened after the video was recorded).
- How would you like to spend your ideal day off in London? Maybe browse in places like Forbidden Planet and Fopp near Leicester Square.
- Where would you take someone visiting from out of town? Forbidden Planet on Shaftesbury Avenue and the Kyoto Garden in Holland Park.
- What's the worst journey you've had to make in London? Travelling back from Camden after a gig at The Roundhouse and witnessing sexual abuse on the train at Euston.
- What's your personal London landmark? Kew Gardens, I grew up near there.
- Who's your favourite fictional Londoner? Dorothy "Ace" McShane from Doctor Who.
- What's your favourite London film, book or documentary? Can we count A Clockwork Orange? If not, A Hard Day's Night.
- If you could travel to any time period in London, past or future, where would you go? Any time when the Marquee Club, Rainbow Theatre and/or the Astoria were open.
- For you, who is the ultimate Londoner? I can't think of anyone to be honest.