Riyad in Brent is 31-40 and is a Writer.
Riyad Al Kadi, known to his friends as Ali. Ali has made a home for himself in the West London Borough of Brent, after being forced to flee his native country of Iraq in 1999 under the threat of execution. Since arriving in London, Ali has written over 20 books and created a popular blog, which have inspired and helped to integrate other Arabic speakers who have been displaced by war, who are now making homes for themselves in the UK. ‘Riyad’ is a film by Eddie Sherriff and Shad Appanah.
Related articles across the web
Film Maker: Ellixton Productions
Questions & Answers
- What's your first memory of London? Seeing Big Ben.
- What do you miss when you're away from London? My flat in Willesden.
- What's your favourite neighbourhood? Westminster, Central London.
- What's your favourite building? Big Ben.
- What's your ideal day out in London? Wandering around Oxford Street.
- What's your ideal night out in London? A night out in Maida Vale.
- What's your most hated building? Willesden Green library.
- What's the best view in London? The view from top of the London Eye.
- What's your favourite open space? Hyde Park.
- What's the most interesting shop? Tk-Max
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? Albert Hall on Valentines day.
- How would you like to spend your ideal day off in London? Write a story.
- Where would you take someone visiting from out of town? London Bridge.
- What's the worst journey you've had to make in London? Travelling from Willesden to Hackney on public transport.
- What's your personal London landmark? The statues of horses in Piccadilly Circus.
- Who's your favourite fictional Londoner? Mr Bean.
- What's your favourite London film, book or documentary? Harry Potter books and films.
- If you could travel to any time period in London, past or future, where would you go? The early 1600's so I can see William Shakespeare.
- For you, who is the ultimate Londoner? Sherlock Holmes.