Paul in Southwark is 41-50 and is unemployed.
Paul was known as “this one fat guy who wants to be on television” or “the news raider”. Year later, he still shares his message of equality.
Film Maker: Ashleigh Clayton, Emily Rimmer, Sam Norton
Questions & Answers
- What's your first memory of London? Pigeons in Trafalgar Square. In those days you would buy seeds and the pigeons would eat out of your hand.
- What do you miss when you're away from London? Soup kitchens
- What's your favourite neighbourhood? Ruislip Manor and Rainers Lane, Middlesex
- What's your favourite building? Big Ben
- What's your ideal day out in London? Meeting amongst Transgender people
- What's your ideal night out in London? I don't go out at night
- What's the best view in London? Ladlands Estate, view from the estate, you can see right across London
- What's your favourite open space? Regent's Park
- What's your favourite bar, pub or restaurant? I can't afford to go out to a bar, pub, restaurant
- What's the most interesting shop? Faction Bookshop, 2 Leegate, Lewisham
- What's your favourite place to hang out? Divine Rescue charity
- How would you like to spend your ideal day off in London? Cinema Museum, South London
- Where would you take someone visiting from out of town? Faction Bookshop, 2 Leegate, Lewisham
- What's the worst journey you've had to make in London? Travelling on public transport
- What's your personal London landmark? Tower of London
- Who's your favourite fictional Londoner? Sherlock Holmes
- What's your favourite London film, book or documentary? The London Nobody Knows, narrated by James Mason
- For you, who is the ultimate Londoner? Pearly King and Queen