Oline is a personal trainer, long-distance walker and world-traveller. Two years ago, she came to London on a trip – and after a week decided to stay. Oline raises awareness and money with walks as far as London to Paris to fight issues like homelessness and mental illness.
Film Maker: Jackie Read
Questions & Answers
- What's your first memory of London? My first memory of London was me coming here with 4 of my friends on a girls trip, I was amazed by everything London had to offer so I moved here spontaneously the following week.
- What do you miss when you're away from London? I miss how London is alive 24/7 and that no matter when or where there is always something to do
- What's your favourite neighbourhood? I have lived in West London for the 2 years I’ve been here but I must admit to be a sucker for Shoreditch and it’s street vibes.
- What's your favourite building? Definitely the shard! The bigger the better haha.
- What's your ideal day out in London? Almost every Sunday I would walk from West London to East London, this is a long beautiful walk by the mostly by the Thames where you just get to see pretty much everything, would highly recommend this route to tourist really wanting to see a lot in one day.
- What's your ideal night out in London? Now if you asked me the first year I lived here I would definitely say pub crawling the streets of Shoreditch, though the last year I haven’t been much of a drinker as I have preferred to be very active during the days.
- What's your most hated building? I don’t think there is one I legit hate
- What's the best view in London? Not many actually go here but in North Greenwich there is a cable car functioning as transport, though at sunset you don’t find a better view than from up there!
- What's your favourite open space? My favourite open space must be Southbank, such a cool area with a lot going on both in the summer and in the winter!
- What's your favourite bar, pub or restaurant? Any restaurant by the Thames, in Denmark the prices on food goes way up when eating by a canal or anything like that so the fact that you can sit there with an amazing view and eat for the same amount of money as on a city street is magical to me.
- What's the most interesting shop? Omg there are too many shops to choose one but I love the vintage shops In Shoreditch and then I’m a big sucker for the massive Nike shop on Oxford street haha.
- What's your favourite place to hang out? My favourite place to hang out in London must be at my gym, GymBox in Westfield, going to the gym is my favourite time of the day.
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? Haha like if I would remember any of my nights out.
- How would you like to spend your ideal day off in London? One word - Exploring.
- Where would you take someone visiting from out of town? I would take them to North Greenwich to go on the cable car, also I would take them on a long walk by the Thames.
- What's the worst journey you've had to make in London? Walking from Tottenham Court road to Marble Arch on a Saturday afternoon, this is never a good idea.
- What's your personal London landmark? Oliver Twist. Or Jack the Ripper.
- Who's your favourite fictional Londoner? London Bridge! As I have a lot of memories on this bridge!
- What's your favourite London film, book or documentary? Fast and Furious 6
- If you could travel to any time period in London, past or future, where would you go? 2050, I mean London is the most creative city I have ever been to so I can’t imagine how much it has developed in 30 years from now.
- For you, who is the ultimate Londoner? Ultimate Londoner must be her majesty, Queen Elizabeth!