Michael is a painter and a musician who has discovered art in later life. He has a passion for punk, surrealist art and painting portraits of his musical heroes such as Johnny Cash and Janis Joplin. For Michael everything is art from painting a picture to fixing a puncture. This film was made by adults at the Providence Row Homeless Charity.
Related articles across the web
Film Maker: Team Providence Row
Questions & Answers
- What's your first memory of London? Being a child and my Mum bringing me here to visit the Tower of London.
- What do you miss when you're away from London? Some of the people, but not all of them.
- What's your favourite neighbourhood? East London.
- What's your favourite building? An old vicarage in the West End, where I squatted for a number of years.
- What's your ideal day out in London? Cycling along the canal.
- What's your ideal night out in London? Seeing a good band.
- What's your most hated building? The Gherkin. I think it looks like a bomb.
- What's the best view in London? From the top of Primrose Hill.
- What's your favourite open space? Lee Valley.
- What's the most interesting shop? All the guitar shops on Denmark Street.
- What's your favourite place to hang out? At a friend's house.
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? Playing some music in the Hammersmith Apollo.
- How would you like to spend your ideal day off in London? Spending time with my mates.
- Where would you take someone visiting from out of town? For a bike ride along the canal.
- What's the worst journey you've had to make in London? Any journey by tube.
- What's your personal London landmark? Centrepoint.
- Who's your favourite fictional Londoner? Oliver Twist.
- What's your favourite London film, book or documentary? The Rolling Stones in Hyde Park.
- If you could travel to any time period in London, past or future, where would you go? 1977
- For you, who is the ultimate Londoner? Brian Haw