Gracia Kayindo is a performing arts fanatic. She regularly attends Platform Youth Hub in Islington. She aspires to be an actress and singer primarily but she also has a penchant for fashion and spoken word. Gracia speaks about her experiences in the performing arts, one of which is performing with the likes of Benedict Cumberbatch and Chiwetel Ejiofor.
Film Maker: Islington Summerversity Group
Questions & Answers
- What's your first memory of London? My first memory of London is going on a boat ride to go and see the London Eye with my family - that’s my first memory of exploring London for the first time
- What do you miss when you're away from London? I miss the people - I miss the vibe, yeah people - family and friends - that’s what I miss
- What's your favourite neighbourhood? I don’t have favourites
- What's your favourite building? Favourite building? Platform. Because it’s a good vibe when you come in here. It’s like my second home. I gained my friendships through platform
- What's your ideal day out in London? My ideal day out - sometimes I go out in the park with my friends
- What's your ideal night out in London? Before it was going to Finsbury park with my friends
- What's your most hated building? Hated building - I don’t hate a building
- What's the best view in London? Ooh the best view is on top of the hill where I live- when I go to the corner shop that’s the best view in London
- What's your favourite open space? The park
- What's the most interesting shop? The comic book shop in Covent Garden - it was full of comic books and action figures - it was actually cool.
- What's your favourite place to hang out? Favourite place to hang out is Platform and the park and in Central
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? After the last performance at Brainstorm there was a mini concert next to the building and it was all night and it was just so much fun. we all had fun
- How would you like to spend your ideal day off in London? my day off? Is-just- chilling somewhere and most of the times I wouldn’t want to be at home so I would stay somewhere else.
- Where would you take someone visiting from out of town? I would take them to central, i would take them to some of the areas that haven’t been seen before- hidden places that haven’t been acknowledged. certain parks and stuff like that
- What's the worst journey you've had to make in London? the worse journey- whats my worst journey- the worst journey is having to walk from central to-actually, the worst journey is to- on new years eve we tried to see the fire works from london eye and it was atrocious and the fact we had to take so many buses and walk for an hour and not even see fully the fireworks and only see a quarter of it.
- What's your personal London landmark? I don’t have one. Actually, Platform basically yeah.
- Who's your favourite fictional Londoner? I’ve got one person in my head to be honest- miranda, white comedian. Oh- wait, wait. I don’t have one- a fictional character.
- What's your favourite London film, book or documentary? Book- I don’t read books. Film, from london? I was about to say Johnny English. Umm. Documentary? Murdered by my boyfriend. Film- I can’t remember any film from london right now so i don’t really have that.
- If you could travel to any time period in London, past or future, where would you go? Any time period? medieval times. I legit wanna see how holloway- how islington looked like in Medieval times
- For you, who is the ultimate Londoner? what- anyone? I dont- I don’t have one like. I don’t. I just don’t. I don’t really think about these types of things. I really don’t have one.