Fleur in Lambeth is 41-50 and is Diversity and Inclusion Director.
Fleur was adopted at the age of six weeks old, she had never wanted to find her family deliberately, but unknowingly ran across her birth step mum six years ago while caring for her dad. She explains how finding her family has opened up a new part of her life, the uncanny appearances of her and her siblings shocked her, but she has since got used to having an extended family. The life changing experiences she has faced in the heart of London makes her an extraordinary and interesting Londoner.
Film Maker: Lambeth Summer1
Questions & Answers
- What's your first memory of London? When I had my first ride in a black cab as a child, I felt like royalty.
- What do you miss when you're away from London? My bed.
- What's your favourite neighbourhood? I love the areas around Covent Garden.
- What's your favourite building? Houses of Parliament.
- What's your ideal day out in London? I would have a picnic on Hamsted Heath.
- What's your ideal night out in London? A trip to an open air theatre.
- What's your most hated building? Center point.
- What's the best view in London? Top of the London eye on a clear day.
- What's your favourite open space? Richmond park.
- What's your favourite bar, pub or restaurant? Cinnamon Club.
- What's the most interesting shop? Burmansey market.
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? Trip to Somerset house.
- How would you like to spend your ideal day off in London? Lunch at the architectural salvage centre in vauxhall. Then a trip to the Chelsea Garden Centre (Chelsea Flower Show if it's on).
- Where would you take someone visiting from out of town? On a duck tour and then on a walk down the themes, crossing every bridge on the way.
- What's the worst journey you've had to make in London? Any tube journey at rush hour.
- What's your personal London landmark? The lake at St James Park
- Who's your favourite fictional Londoner? Poirot
- What's your favourite London film, book or documentary? Sliding Doors
- If you could travel to any time period in London, past or future, where would you go? If I was rich I would go to the time when Upstairs Downstairs was set...But I would want to be upstairs
- For you, who is the ultimate Londoner? The Queen.