Faris in Hillingdon is 11-20 and is a Dabka dancer.
Faris is a full time student who’s a group leader of 8 that teaches Palestinian folk dancing, called Dabka. Dabka is a Palestinian cultural dance, which orginated in the Levant that dates back to the 1880’s. This was the time where houses were built with a roof made of wood, straw and dirt. The roofs had to be compacted to make them even which would be done by stumping hard on them in a uniform way. The Dabka dance and the rhythmic songs go together, and it helped the workers to keep their work useful and more enjoyable.
Related articles across the web
Film Maker: Team Faris
Questions & Answers
- What's your first memory of London? It was a summer and my family had a picnic for 3 days in a row with different people.
- What do you miss when you're away from London? The morning liveliness of the roads in the morning.
- What's your favourite neighbourhood? Hillingdon because it's my area.
- What's your favourite building? My favourite building has to be the London eye.
- What's your ideal day out in London? My ideal day would be me going to the gym and working out then play a nice ps3 game with my brother.
- What's your ideal night out in London? That would be me going to central with my friends and eat in Nandos.
- What's your most hated building? I'm not to sure I have one.
- What's the best view in London? A hill in regent's street called primrose hill.
- What's your favourite open space? Hyde park
- What's your favourite bar, pub or restaurant? 5 Guys
- What's the most interesting shop? M&M's world
- What's your favourite place to hang out? Nadi park royal is the best
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? Had a night out not knowing I have an exam the next day and I only realised half way through the night and had to run back and revise.
- How would you like to spend your ideal day off in London? With my family and friends
- Where would you take someone visiting from out of town? Primrose hill is the place to take people because it has the best view in my opinion.
- What's the worst journey you've had to make in London? Broke my hand in 2 different places
- What's your personal London landmark? London eye
- Who's your favourite fictional Londoner? Sherlock Holmes
- What's your favourite London film, book or documentary? Anouvahood a comedy.
- If you could travel to any time period in London, past or future, where would you go? 1983 I think would be great
- For you, who is the ultimate Londoner? I'm not to sure.