Emma in Hackney is 21-30 and is artist.
Emma is a young artist, working in digital and drawing. Her day job is looking after passengers who pass through Kings Cross station, where she also has a room to practise her art. In this film, she speaks about how she is inspired and how she creates her work from this unique perspective on London life.
Film Maker: Team General Error
Questions & Answers
- What's your first memory of London? How cosmopolitan it is. The Opportunities
- What do you miss when you're away from London? Everything; the rush hour, the transport
- What's your favourite neighbourhood? Shoreditch
- What's your favourite building? Battersea Power Station
- What's your ideal day out in London? Going out to galleries, get some food and meditation
- What's your ideal night out in London? Seeing a drag show
- What's your most hated building? Some flats in Bethnal Green
- What's the best view in London? London Bridge
- What's your favourite open space? Either Hyde Park, Green Park or Victoria Park
- What's the most interesting shop? Buddha on a Bicycle
- What's your favourite place to hang out? In a park
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? Seeing my favourite drag artist Tammie Brown perform at MethLab
- How would you like to spend your ideal day off in London? Going out for food, going round Brick Lane and going to the gym
- Where would you take someone visiting from out of town? London Bridge then Brick Lane or Spitalfields for food. Then off to the Tate Gallery
- What's the worst journey you've had to make in London? When the Tube Strike took was on. It was difficult to get the bus too.
- What's your personal London landmark? London King's Cross - my work place
- Who's your favourite fictional Londoner? Oliver Twist
- What's your favourite London film, book or documentary? Oliver Twist
- If you could travel to any time period in London, past or future, where would you go? The 1960s
- For you, who is the ultimate Londoner? Quentin Crisp