David in Westminster is 61-70 and is a professor.
David is a Professor of Geopolitics and the son of a Rabbi. An interest in borders runs through his professional as well as his personal life. Let David guide you through Jewish Stoke Newington, where he spent his childhood.
Film Maker: Reece Lipman
Questions & Answers
- What's your first memory of London? The icy winter of 1962-63 and falling in the ice as I got on (or was it off) the 73 bus to school.
- What do you miss when you're away from London? The feeling of being at the centre of the world.
- What's your favourite neighbourhood? Stoke Newington – Clissold Park
- What's your favourite building? White Hart Lane – it will be the new Tottenham stadium
- What's your ideal day out in London? Walking through Regent's Park from my flat to work in the superb British Library.
- What's your ideal night out in London? I'm not a night life person.
- What's your most hated building? The high rise in the City of London.
- What's the best view in London? My balcony looks out on Regent's Park and the GPO Tower (BP Tower). An even more panoramic view five minutes away from Primrose Hill.
- What's your favourite open space? Clissold Park. Regent's Park
- What's your favourite bar, pub or restaurant? No favourite
- What's the most interesting shop? Waterstones
- What's your favourite place to hang out? Sitting on a late spring evening in Regent's Park (weather dependent) and reading a book.
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? Impossible to choose one occasion.
- How would you like to spend your ideal day off in London? Walk along Regent's Canal.
- What's the worst journey you've had to make in London? Anything on a bus in rush hour.
- What's your personal London landmark? GPO Tower (BT Tower)
- Who's your favourite fictional Londoner? Steptoe
- What's your favourite London film, book or documentary? Sliding Doors
- If you could travel to any time period in London, past or future, where would you go? Back to the 1960's
- For you, who is the ultimate Londoner? No such creature