Ben in Hillingdon is 21-30 and is a Freelance Filmmaker.
Film Maker: Uxbridge College Students
Questions & Answers
- What's your first memory of London? My first memory of London that I can remember is being 7 years old and seeing the giant animatronic Tyrannosaurus Rex at the Natural History Museum for the first time. I thought it was the coolest thing ever.
- What do you miss when you're away from London? I miss the culture. There is such a diverse group of people in London that you feel like there is always something new.
- What's your favourite neighbourhood? My favourite neighbourhood in London is Camden. The music scene there is out of this world.
- What's your favourite building? My favourite building has to be the BFI Southbank. It genuinely feels like the heart of the british film industry.
- What's your ideal day out in London? Getting food with friends. There is always a new restaurant that we haven’t tried. Then going to Hyde Park on a sunny day and chilling out.
- What's your ideal night out in London? My ideal night out is probably at Fabric. Such an iconic venue for the electronic dance music scene.
- What's your most hated building? I am not a fan of the Tate Modern.
- What's the best view in London? The Shard
- What's your favourite open space? Hyde Park have so many good memories there.
- What's your favourite bar, pub or restaurant? My favourite restaurant in London has to be Pang’s in Hillingdon. Still the best all you can eat Chinese in London.
- What's the most interesting shop? Cyberdog in Camden. Best place for all your raving needs.
- What's your favourite place to hang out? Probably in a cafe. Tea and Coffee is just life.
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? I went clubbing in Camden on Christmas Eve and got so drunk that we forgot that no buses or trains run on Christmas day. We were stranded and we live in West London. We didn’t have any money for a cab and fully walked from one end of London to the other in the middle of the night in the freezing cold. Took us about 9 and half hours.
- How would you like to spend your ideal day off in London? Probably go to the aquarium or the London Zoo. I really love animals.
- Where would you take someone visiting from out of town? I would take them on an open top bus tour around London and then in the evening take them on a ghost tour around some of London’s most haunted buildings.
- What's the worst journey you've had to make in London? Probably has to be the walk from Camden to Hillingdon.
- What's your personal London landmark? My personal London Landmark has to be Camden Market. Literally spent so much of my teens there.
- Who's your favourite fictional Londoner? My favourite fictional Londoner has to be James Bond.
- What's your favourite London film, book or documentary? Probably ‘Shaun of the Dead’ (Edgar Wright, 2003) or an American Werewolf in London. I feel like London lends itself to the Horror genre really well because of the gothic architecture.
- If you could travel to any time period in London, past or future, where would you go? I would have to go right back to the start and see London when it was first built by the Romans. Back then it was known as Londinium. I have always been obsessed with the Roman Empire so seeing the city in its infancy would be awesome.
- For you, who is the ultimate Londoner? The ultimate Londoner is Sir Michael Caine. Without a doubt. Such an Iconic actor. No matter what role he plays his cockney accent always proudly represents London.