Ben in Richmond is 41-50 and is a writer.
We asked Ben if he had a hidden romance, and his answer took us on a journey along the cycle paths of the River Thames.
Film Maker: Lauren Veevers
Questions & Answers
- What's your first memory of London? Big Ben from the train coming into Waterloo, 1982. The smell of urine, egg sandwiches and brake fluid.
- What do you miss when you're away from London? So much variety of experience within walking distance.
- What's your favourite neighbourhood? West London
- What's your favourite building? St Brides, Fleet Street
- What's your ideal day out in London? British Library
- What's your ideal night out in London? Italian supper, anywhere good
- What's your most hated building? BT tower
- What's the best view in London? Richmond Hill
- What's your favourite open space? Hyde Park
- What's your favourite bar, pub or restaurant? The Ship, Chiswick
- What's the most interesting shop? Quaritch Books
- What's your favourite place to hang out? Portobello Road
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? Too many to recall clearly
- How would you like to spend your ideal day off in London? Cycling, exploring
- Where would you take someone visiting from out of town? St Pauls
- What's the worst journey you've had to make in London? Northern line commute Stockwell to Angel night shift for a year
- What's your personal London landmark? The Milestone outside the RGS
- Who's your favourite fictional Londoner? Sherlock Holmes
- What's your favourite London film, book or documentary? London Encyclopedia
- If you could travel to any time period in London, past or future, where would you go? Edwardian
- For you, who is the ultimate Londoner? Thomas Cromwell