Annoushka in Westminster is 51-60 and is a jewellery designer and entrepreneur.
Annoushka Ducas MBE is a successful jewellery designer and business woman. In 1990, together with her husband, she founded Links of London. After selling that brand, she started another fine jewellery collection named ‘Annoushka’. In the film Annoushka tells about the influence of her mother, of being a female jewellery designer and about how she can’t just be a mum.
Film Maker: Nathaniel Skeels
Questions & Answers
- What's your first memory of London? Holiday On Ice at Wembley
- What do you miss when you're away from London? My dogs
- What's your favourite neighbourhood? Notting Hill – was the first place I lived when I moved to London, fond memories
- What's your favourite building? The Royal Naval College - Greenwich
- What's your ideal day out in London? An early morning visit to Covent Garden flower market, followed by coffee at London Grind, then a walk down the southbank in the summer
- What's your ideal night out in London? A great play at the Royal Court then Paillard Chicken at Colbert
- What's your most hated building? John Outram’s pumping station
- What's the best view in London? The view from the rooftop terrace at Vintners Hall
- What's your favourite open space? Chelsea Physic Garden
- What's the most interesting shop? Design shop at the Tate
- What's your favourite place to hang out? The Electric – Portobello Road
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? Line dancing with Ronnie Wood at the Round House
- How would you like to spend your ideal day off in London? Wandering around the shops around Golborne Road, W11
- Where would you take someone visiting from out of town? Duck and Waffle breakfast in the Heron Tower for sunrise, then spending the day at the design museum
- What's the worst journey you've had to make in London? Trying to move house in the snow!
- What's your personal London landmark? Wellington Arch
- Who's your favourite fictional Londoner? Dot Cotton
- What's your favourite London film, book or documentary? Not sure if it counts – I love Sherlock or Lost in London
- If you could travel to any time period in London, past or future, where would you go? The roaring 20’s
- For you, who is the ultimate Londoner? Adele