Alfie a.k.a. QuantumCaza is a young YouTuber from Angel, Islington. He suffers from PTSD and vlogs to express himself and to find focus. Alfie’s experienced hard times, but he learned to ‘never give up’.
This Film was made by a group of young people aged 14-21 during a project which took place over Summer 2017 at Lift Youth Hub, Islington. Facilitated by professional filmmakers from Chocolate Films, the participants were able to develop key camera and production skills whilst exploring the stories of their chosen Londoners.
Film Maker: Islington Summerversity Group
Questions & Answers
- What's your first memory of London? My first memory is quite a stretch but when I was 5 years old I remember feeding the ducks in the park by Buckingham Palace.
- What do you miss when you're away from London? I know this will sound weird but I honestly miss the police sirens and I don't know why as out side London it's just way to quiet.
- What's your favourite neighbourhood? I'd have to say my home area Islington as it's got a mixture of different cultures and people. Not only that there are a multitude of opportunities all the time in Islington.
- What's your favourite building? I don't think I have a favourite building but I enjoy all the buildings in London especially the perspectives when looking up at them.
- What's your ideal day out in London? It would be a walk down Leicester square and China town then grab some ramen to eat then head to Starbucks grab a Caramel Macchiato which is my favourite coffee then I'd head home edit a vlog if I had one if not I'd play some PlayStation.
- What's your ideal night out in London? Honestly I've never been out to a club e.g but I'd go out maybe get some food and hang out with friends.
- What's your most hated building? I don't really have one to be honest.
- What's the best view in London? Most people will say The Shard but me it's sitting on the grass on South bank watching the world go by.
- What's your favourite open space? London is my favourite open space because I can go anywhere.
- What's your favourite bar, pub or restaurant? Wagamama and Starbucks
- What's the most interesting shop? Yet again I'm not to sure but I've always wanted to visit the Kingsman tailer shop.
- What's your favourite place to hang out? The YouTube Space or Starbucks
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? It would be my first time I started my acting classes at Young Actors Theatre as it was the happiest day of my life.
- How would you like to spend your ideal day off in London? To go to an event and create content with my camera or at home watching anime and playing PlayStation.
- Where would you take someone visiting from out of town? I'd take them down Camden to take in all the hipster-ness and then down to Leicester square to grab some ramen and then a trip up to The Shard to get a view like no other.
- What's the worst journey you've had to make in London? The Underground on a Monday at 8am. Stress and lack of oxygen because it is so packed.
- What's your personal London landmark? I quite like Primrose Hill
- Who's your favourite fictional Londoner? I guess my salamander (logo) as he was created and brought to life in London.
- What's your favourite London film, book or documentary? That's a hard one to be honest as I'm a fan of allmost everything.
- If you could travel to any time period in London, past or future, where would you go? I would go to the 70s as that was the best time for music.
- For you, who is the ultimate Londoner? The ultimate Londoner is yourself there can't be just one as everyone in London is the ultimate Londoner.