Ahmad recalls his experience leaving Aleppo after the outbreak of war, and explains how he uses food to share his country’s culture. With his friend Maarten, Ahmad hosts the ‘Aleppo Supper Club’ in West London. Find out more on:
Film Maker: Harriet Jones
Questions & Answers
- What's your first memory of London? My first memory in London was when I saw the buses in London. :-)
- What do you miss when you're away from London? When I am away from London I miss the diversity.
- What's your favourite neighbourhood? My favourite neighbourhood is Camden Town.
- What's your favourite building? My favourite building is The Houses of Parliament (Big Ben).
- What's your ideal day out in London? My ideal day is to achieve the best things that I can, go to my appointments & help refugees.
- What's your ideal night out in London? My ideal night is to meet a friend for dinner, drink or chat.
- What's your most hated building? There is no specific one, but I don't like when you walk through a path or road then you find out that there is no exit.
- What's the best view in London? I believe it is from London Eye or from Horniman Gardens.
- What's your favourite open space? It is Kew Gardens or any good park.
- What's the most interesting shop? Portobello Road Market.
- What's your favourite place to hang out? It is 100 Shoreditch High St, Shoreditch, Greater London.
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? I was invited to celebrate with my friend because of the anniversary of his company at Military Lords Hall in East London.
- How would you like to spend your ideal day off in London? I would like to go to museums, parks and have food and chat with my friends.
- Where would you take someone visiting from out of town? To Portobello Road Market, Camden Market, London Bridge Market & Shoreditch.
- What's the worst journey you've had to make in London? Going from the farthest West Point in London to the farthest one in east London.
- What's your personal London landmark? I don't know what what do you mean by personal landmark? It could be the fox in London.
- Who's your favourite fictional Londoner? Is Sherlock Holmes fictional? If yes he is.
- What's your favourite London film, book or documentary? The one above produced by the lovely Harriet from Chocolate 🎥
- If you could travel to any time period in London, past or future, where would you go? To a time when Sherlock Holmes existed, also to the time of the Normans and the Anglo Saxons.
- For you, who is the ultimate Londoner? Whoever falls in love with London and treat her as his Mum.