Agnieszka has played chess since she was 5 years old. Not a day goes by that she’s not thinking about the game. She plays at West London Chess Club, on her computer and even her phone, when she is on the move.
Agnieszka came 2nd in the Girls under 14 in the Macro region of West Poland (Augustow 1998). She achieved 3rd and 5th place in the Women’s Class in the International tournament at Lomza (2003-2004). She came 2nd as a team in the Polish University championship (Wroclaw 2005).
Agnieszka teaches chess within schools and to adults privately. She is also passing on her skill and knowledge to her son, who is four years old.
Related articles across the web
Film Maker: Oliver Parkin
Questions & Answers
- What's your first memory of London? Before I moved to London, I had already been 3 times. It was always raining.
- What do you miss when you're away from London? The busy life.
- What's your favourite neighbourhood? Ealing and Richmond.
- What's your favourite building? Houses of Parliament.
- What's your ideal day out in London? Walking opposite River Thames.
- What's your ideal night out in London? Partying with hubby and friends in Central London.
- What's your most hated building? All busy underground stations.
- What's the best view in London? London Eye.
- What's your favourite open space? Richmond Park.
- What's your favourite bar, pub or restaurant? Tavern Lodge - Ealing.
- What's the most interesting shop? Chess and Bridge Games, Baker Street.
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? 40th Birthday Party in Soho.
- How would you like to spend your ideal day off in London? Staying at home, switching off mobile and landline.
- Where would you take someone visiting from out of town? I usually take them to the London Eye, the Houses of Parliament and walk to Buckingham Palace.
- What's the worst journey you've had to make in London? Getting to the Embassy, using the underground during rush hours with my son and buggy. There was no escalators.
- What's your personal London landmark? Tower Bridge.
- Who's your favourite fictional Londoner? Bridget Jones.
- What's your favourite London film, book or documentary? Notting Hill.
- If you could travel to any time period in London, past or future, where would you go? Go to the future and see how all change.
- For you, who is the ultimate Londoner? Amy Winehouse.