Aaron in Hounslow is 11-20 and is a Rapper.
Eighteen year old Aaron or Zino is rapper from Hounslow, West London. Aaron started in the choir in primary school, having always been surrounded by music by his family. He wants to pursue music as his full time career.
This film was created by students at Uxbridge College, as part of our Youth Takeover season.
Film Maker: Uxbridge College Students
Questions & Answers
- What's your first memory of London? When my mum took me and my family to central during Christmas and seeing all the lights.
- What do you miss when you're away from London? The chaos, TFL, the urban vibe. Feels like home.
- What's your favourite neighbourhood? Hounslow for sure. Gotta love home. The people. The memories. Hounslow has made me who I am today.
- What's your favourite building? Probably the shard. Take a girl there and she’s yours.
- What's your ideal day out in London? Going to the fanciest restaurant with my boys in the heart of London then just enjoy the vibe.
- What's your ideal night out in London? It depends how I’m feeling to be honest. Sometimes it’s hitting up the club with my boys or just chilling enjoying the scenery with that special someone.
- What's your most hated building? I won’t say most hated, but I’m filled with similar emotions when I see it. Grenfell Tower. #prayforgrenfell.
- What's the best view in London? The top of the London eye.
- What's your favourite open space? A beach down in Brighton probably
- What's your favourite bar, pub or restaurant? Nando’s. Gotta keep it simple.
- What's the most interesting shop? There’s a cereal shop in Camden. You can get any cereal you’ve ever heard of there.
- What's your favourite place to hang out? We usually chill at my cousins house or anywhere really.
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? Going to Tion Wayne’s Concert. Everyone came out. From Stormzy to Dave.
- How would you like to spend your ideal day off in London? Studio!!!! Money doesn’t sleep.
- Where would you take someone visiting from out of town? You’ve gotta take them to Southbank.
- What's the worst journey you've had to make in London? Going to a studio in East London from West. It was raining and I had no jacket or food.
- What's your personal London landmark? Westfield, Stratford or white city.
- Who's your favourite fictional Londoner? Tommy Shelby, Peaky Blinders.
- What's your favourite London film, book or documentary? Documentary called LDN all about the music scene in London.
- If you could travel to any time period in London, past or future, where would you go? Would go back to early 2000’s and try make a difference before the youth start killing each other. These knife crimes have been happening, it’s only now that it’s been brought to the public eye.
- For you, who is the ultimate Londoner? Phil Mitchell. Just because.