Vanessa has designed a clothing line called Nina Baker, named after her mother, which she sells in markets across London and in-store in Haringey. Vanessa talks about her love for one-off pieces and her dreams for the future.
Film Maker: SElect 18
Questions & Answers
- What's your first memory of London? Long summer days playing outside on MT Rally Burner bike in Hackney
- What do you miss when you're away from London? Convenience of a local shop
- What's your favourite neighbourhood? Hackney
- What's your favourite building? Tower 42 Vertigo Bar
- What's your ideal day out in London? Having a picnic in the park with family and friends
- What's your ideal night out in London? Listening to live music or comedy night
- What's your most hated building? Don't have one yet...
- What's the best view in London? From Tower 42 in Liverpool St
- What's your favourite open space? Along the canals
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? Clubbing in Brixton many moons ago
- How would you like to spend your ideal day off in London? Sitting in a park with a good book
- Where would you take someone visiting from out of town? Tower 42
- What's the worst journey you've had to make in London? On the Central Line during rush hour
- What's your personal London landmark? Chatsworth Road Market
- Who's your favourite fictional Londoner? Scrooge
- What's your favourite London film, book or documentary? Hackney Child (book)
- If you could travel to any time period in London, past or future, where would you go? The 60's
- For you, who is the ultimate Londoner? Me!!