Marianne in Wandsworth is 51-60 and is a humanitarian aid worker.
Marianne lived in the US, raising her daughters in New York and then Miami. She worked at the United Nations coordinating aid relief to countries like Haiti and Iraq. In the film, we step into Marianne’s art collection and discover her experiences from around the world.
Film Maker: Greg Latham
Questions & Answers
- What's your first memory of London? My first memory of London was in 1989 when I was sitting with friends in London in front of the chinese Embassy with lit candles in solidarity with the protestesters of Tienanmen Square
- What do you miss when you're away from London? I miss the walks along the river Thames and the pubs, I miss also the multicultural Londoners
- What's your favourite neighbourhood? Putney Embankment
- What's your favourite building? Tower Bridge and Prince Albert Bridge
- What's your ideal day out in London? Ideal day out walking along the Thames footpath with ending at a pub along the way
- What's your ideal night out in London? A musical and drinks afterwards, or movie in a London park and picnic, Opening events of Art Exhibit at Europe House
- What's your most hated building? Don’t really have one
- What's the best view in London? From the Tate Modern Museum outdoor terrace
- What's your favourite open space? Thames Embankment
- What's your favourite bar, pub or restaurant? Half Moon Pub Putney and it’s life music, Oxo Tower restaurant Bar
- What's the most interesting shop? Spitalfield market
- What's your favourite place to hang out? Putney Embankment with friends and wine
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? Seeing the musical Sister Act and getting to meet Whoppy Goldberg
- How would you like to spend your ideal day off in London? Discovering new neighbourhoods in London and meeting up with friends for a drink.
- Where would you take someone visiting from out of town? See the London street art and visiting interesting art exhibits and pubs
- What's the worst journey you've had to make in London? The worst journey in London was driving from the British Museum to Putney on a Friday night which took over 2 hours!
- What's your personal London landmark? the river Thames and its beautiful bridges
- Who's your favourite fictional Londoner? Sherlock Holmes: Paddington Bear!
- What's your favourite London film, book or documentary? I like the movie Notting Hill, the series The Crown, documentary a out history of London and its politics
- If you could travel to any time period in London, past or future, where would you go? I would like to travel back in the 80th when London and the UK stood up against Apartheid and to participate in the Anti-Apartheid protests!
- For you, who is the ultimate Londoner? The ultimate Londoner would be someone who loves and is interested in people, culture, music, food from different cultures and different social backgrounds.