In this film Hazel shares her experiences of what it was like to lose her sight suddenly as a child and how she navigates London, and the world, with her beloved guide dog.
Film Maker: Helena Coan
Questions & Answers
- What's your first memory of London? Moorfields Eye Hospital
- What do you miss when you're away from London? The bustle
- What's your favourite neighbourhood? Wimbledon
- What's your favourite building? St. Paul's
- What's your ideal day out in London? Going for walk around Buckingham Palace followed by afternoon tea!
- What's your ideal night out in London? Going to a really good West End show
- What's your most hated building? I don't think I have one. I like a lot of buildings - there's so many historic buildings in London
- What's your favourite open space? Hyde Park
- What's your favourite bar, pub or restaurant? Wetherspoons! Just because you can always get in and it's not too noisy!
- What's the most interesting shop? Harrods
- What's your favourite place to hang out? Any of the London parks
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? Going to see the Let It Be musical on the 50th anniversary of the 'Love Me Do' release
- How would you like to spend your ideal day off in London? Visiting any historic building
- Where would you take someone visiting from out of town? St. Paul's, House of Commons, Big Ben, the Transport Museum
- What's the worst journey you've had to make in London? I think it's going to be next week - travelling to Euston when there's supposed to be a tube strike!
- What's your personal London landmark? Buckingham Palace
- Who's your favourite fictional Londoner? Sergeant Dixon (from the TV show Dixon of Dock Green)
- What's your favourite London film, book or documentary? Any war time story
- If you could travel to any time period in London, past or future, where would you go? Tudor times (but I would be terribly quiet so I wouldn't get my head cut off...)
- For you, who is the ultimate Londoner? The LBC radio presenter Steve Allen. He tells you like it is.