George in Camden is 81-90 and is an Actor, Writer, Director, Campaigner and Community Worker.
As an actor, director, writer, campaigner, and community worker, in his youth, George managed to convert a railway shed near King’s Cross into Theatro Technis. Against opposition from the locals at the time, and the disbelief of his friends, George’s strength never wavered and the theatre continues to flourish today.
This film is part of our Goodbye Europe season.
Film Maker: Peter Kelly
Questions & Answers
- What's your first memory of London? Foggy London of the 50s
- What do you miss when you're away from London? Multiculturalism
- What's your favourite neighbourhood? Kentish Town
- What's your favourite building? Post Office Tower
- What's your ideal day out in London? Regent's Park
- What's your ideal night out in London? Watching Ancient Greek plays at Theatro Technis
- What's your most hated building? The highest glass skyscraper
- What's the best view in London? Hampstead Heath
- What's your favourite open space? Trafalgar Square
- What's your favourite bar, pub or restaurant? The Hub at Regent's Park
- What's the most interesting shop? The Owl Bookshop
- What's your favourite place to hang out? Theatro Technis
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? Picketing outside the Home Office for the rights of the Cypriot Refugees
- How would you like to spend your ideal day off in London? At Regent's Park
- Where would you take someone visiting from out of town? Camden Lock Market
- What's the worst journey you've had to make in London? Walking home on a foggy night
- For you, who is the ultimate Londoner? Jeremy Corbyn