While cutting a client’s hair, Erika tells us about living in Elephant & Castle and loving the community spirit of the area, she wouldn’t want to live anywhere else. With her husband from Sierra Leone, she raises her children to be conscious of their dual West African and Finnish heritage.
This film is part of the Goodbye Europe season.
Questions & Answers
- What's your first memory of London? Taking a bus from Heathrow to Bayswater and being in awe of all the very english looking buildings
- What do you miss when you're away from London? The food and people
- What's your favourite neighbourhood? Elephant & Castle and Southbank area
- What's your favourite building? St Paul's
- What's your ideal day out in London? Walking down the Southbank
- What's your ideal night out in London? Go dancing with our friends when our friend is the DJ
- What's your most hated building? None
- What's the best view in London? My neighbour Andrew has a prettu good view of the Shard etc and I mever get tired of that
- What's your favourite open space? Southbank if you can call it that
- What's your favourite bar, pub or restaurant? There's loads, we looove to eat...Our family favourite at Elephant is Paladar and also Mercato Metropolitano is like a second home to us
- What's the most interesting shop? I actually love the gift shop at St Paul's
- What's your favourite place to hang out? Mercato Metropolitano
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? All the nights out dancing with our friends or going to concerts. We have the best friends!
- How would you like to spend your ideal day off in London? Walking around town eating and drinking
- Where would you take someone visiting from out of town? Mercato Metropolitano
- What's the worst journey you've had to make in London? Rush our tube whenever it's over +30c...
- What's your personal London landmark? St Paul's
- Who's your favourite fictional Londoner? Not sure I have one...Maybe Luther...
- What's your favourite London film, book or documentary? No favourite...but love fictional programmes filmed in London so you can try and guess where they are
- If you could travel to any time period in London, past or future, where would you go? 90's
- For you, who is the ultimate Londoner? Maybe my husband