Emma in Sutton is 41-50 and is a cancer researcher.
Dr Emma Harris is a Team Leader in the Joint Department of Physics at The Institute of Cancer Research, London, and The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust. She tells how radiotherapy fights cancer – in a way everyone can understand – about Marie Curie and about what makes her proud.
Film Maker: Ross Dickson
Questions & Answers
- What's your first memory of London? About 25 years ago. Visiting Finsbury Park where my friend from university grew up. We spotted Philip James, a.k.a. Phil Mitchell, in a pub on a night out in Islington. Well and truly confirming the authenticity of EastEnders…
- What do you miss when you're away from London? The wide choice of everything.
- What's your favourite neighbourhood? Tricky. To live in, East Dulwich, it has nice shops and good places to eat and the awesome East Dulwich Forum. There is a great sense of community and you can get to know people fairly easily, if you want to.
- What's your favourite building? St Pancras Station.
- What's your ideal day out in London? Poking around the vintage shops near Brick lane followed by my ideal night out...
- What's your ideal night out in London? Pub crawl around Clerkenwell and supper at the Eagle.
- What's your most hated building? There are a lot of ugly buildings in London
- What's the best view in London? The view from Waterloo Bridge to the HP, early in the morning when the sum is rising.
- What's your favourite open space? Regent’s park.
- What's the most interesting shop? The shop that makes hand-made customised globes of the world in east London…
- What's your favourite place to hang out? I spend a lot of time at train stations. It must be train stations.
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? Err… too many. Meeting my partner for the first time in the Queen's Head near King's Cross. Aww....
- How would you like to spend your ideal day off in London? Going to meet friends that I rarely have time to see.
- Where would you take someone visiting from out of town? The Imperial War museum, because I have never been there and would like to go.
- What's the worst journey you've had to make in London? Too many bad ones to decide between. The best are by bicycle.
- What's your personal London landmark? Battersea dogs home - I pass it a lot travelling in from Sutton by train. I like catching a glimpse of the dogs being exercised in the yard.
- Who's your favourite fictional Londoner? Great Uncle Bulgaria.
- What's your favourite London film, book or documentary? Shaun of the Dead
- If you could travel to any time period in London, past or future, where would you go? 2517, of course.
- For you, who is the ultimate Londoner? Anyone who wants that to be them. (Inspired by #201's answer. Thank you #201.)