Wynny has documented her love for travel and adventure through forty years of home movies. In this film she moves from being a single woman to marrying and having children right up to her life now in her 60s.
Film Maker: Helena Coan
Questions & Answers
- What's your first memory of London? When I was about 10, my aunt brought me to London to the Albert Hall for Remembrance Day. I have misty recollections of the armed services that weekend and seeing the changing of the guard and Horseguard's Parade.
- What do you miss when you're away from London? The theatres. Especially The National which we go to quite often. At least once a month.
- What's your favourite neighbourhood? Probably Southbank because of the theatre and concert halls there. Also the vibrant free entertainment and mix of people.
- What's your favourite building? St. Paul's. You can feel the history of the city there, even with all the modernisation around it.
- What's your ideal day out in London? Meeting schoolfriends in Southwark Cathedral coffee bar, walking along the Thames, having lunch in the Greek restaurant by the Thames with them. Then meeting my husband for a pre theatre lunch at Raymond Blanc on Southbank and finishing with a performance at the National.
- What's your ideal night out in London? Has to be a meal and then theatre.
- What's your most hated building? I dislike the National building. All that concrete. Ugh!
- What's the best view in London? From outside London, a variety of locations, where on a clear day you can look at the skyline and see an amazing variety of buildings and heights against the sky.
- What's your favourite open space? All the parks really but I have fond memories for Holland Park from when I lived in West Kensington as a student.
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? Driving back home through Brixton, during the riots.
- How would you like to spend your ideal day off in London? Coffee with friends, walking along the Thames, lunch, theatre, dinner.
- Where would you take someone visiting from out of town? St. Pauls, Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, - the tourist sites, followed by tea at the Ritz (if I could afford it)
- What's the worst journey you've had to make in London? Some pretty horrendous journeys into London in the snow.
- What's your personal London landmark? Natural history museum. Love dinosaurs.
- Who's your favourite fictional Londoner? Sherlock Holmes. Love crime fiction.
- What's your favourite London film, book or documentary? All of Dickens.
- If you could travel to any time period in London, past or future, where would you go? Now. We can look back at the past through architecture and museums, we have such a variety of food and theatre. Also we can get to London fairly quickly (Strikes willing)
- For you, who is the ultimate Londoner? Pepys