Vicki founded A.P.P.L.E Arts Centre in Acton Park – a youth centre where young people can come to play, learn and be creative. The centre has a very close-knit family feel and she hopes to give everyone who comes a sense of belonging and a happy childhood like she had. The film was created by a group of young people from Acton as part of a Chocolate Films filmmaking workshop.
Film Maker: Acton Group
Questions & Answers
- What's your first memory of London? Guy the gorilla being sick in London Zoo (a very long time ago)
- What do you miss when you're away from London? The mix of people
- What's your favourite neighbourhood? Acton of course
- What's your favourite building? The ART BLOCK and the Natural History Museum
- What's your ideal day out in London? Walking along the south bank
- What's your ideal night out in London? Banjo Day at the Old Queens Head
- What's your most hated building? Don't know
- What's the best view in London? Looking along the river from Westminster Palace to St Pauls
- What's your favourite open space? Hampstead Heath
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? Changes all the time.
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? Millennium Celebration from inside the OXO Tower
- How would you like to spend your ideal day off in London? At the Tate Britain
- Where would you take someone visiting from out of town? Along the river
- What's the worst journey you've had to make in London? I got stuck in the lift (briefly) at Hampstead underground station.
- What's your personal London landmark? Coming back in to London over Hammersmith Bridge
- Who's your favourite fictional Londoner? Don’t know- Sherlock Holmes
- What's your favourite London film, book or documentary? Peter Ackroyds London
- If you could travel to any time period in London, past or future, where would you go? Between the wars.
- For you, who is the ultimate Londoner? Robert Hook