At 96, Kathleen is currently the oldest of the 1000 Londoners. She has an unstoppable enthusiasm for life and won’t let living in a care home subdue her youthful energy.
Questions & Answers
- What's your first memory of London? Christchurch school. My House in Kilburn
- What do you miss when you're away from London? Shows up at the West End
- What's your favourite neighbourhood? Stanmore, the best
- What's your favourite building? Buckingham Palace tops the lot
- What's your ideal day out in London? Day out at Regent's Park. Lunch at the Churchill Hotel. A West End show and dinner at the Ritz Hotel
- What's your ideal night out in London? Nice dinner and a West End show
- What's your most hated building? The Cucumber in the City
- What's the best view in London? The best view is from the London eye. Can see St Paul's and the river Thames and some bridges.
- What's your favourite open space? Regent's Park
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? Watching the Riverdance in the West End
- How would you like to spend your ideal day off in London? Night out on the town
- Where would you take someone visiting from out of town? The Ritz Hotel
- What's the worst journey you've had to make in London? the journey to Kew Gardens
- What's your personal London landmark? Buckingham Palace
- Who's your favourite fictional Londoner? Sherlock Holmes from Baker Street
- What's your favourite London film, book or documentary? Film 'The Queen'
- If you could travel to any time period in London, past or future, where would you go? Best period 1942
- For you, who is the ultimate Londoner? Norman Wisdom