John in Hillingdon is 41-50 and is a Lead Specialist.
John Windsor has worked as a lead specialist since he was 16 years old. John has worked on many historical landmarks such as; Buckingham Palace, St Pauls Cathedral, Royal Hospital among more. He even calls himself ‘Johnny London’ because he is that passionate about London and all the work contribution he has given to the city. We meet John as he reflects on how he started his career and how his schooling experience has affected his future. Working on such major buildings all over London makes him a sentimental feature to the city itself.
Related articles across the web
Film Maker: Uxbridge College Film Crew 1
Questions & Answers
- What's your first memory of London? Seeing all the tall skyscrapers.
- What do you miss when you're away from London? All the cool pubs and bars.
- What's your favourite neighbourhood? Growing up in Northwood always lived here.
- What's your favourite building? Buckingham Palace.
- What's your ideal day out in London? A walk around all the buildings and finishing it off with a nice Guinness.
- What's your ideal night out in London? I dont like going out in London.
- What's your most hated building? I dont have one.
- What's the best view in London? From the top of the shard.
- What's your favourite open space? The Lake District.
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? The Hard Rock cafe.
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? Doing a treasure hunt round London for charity.
- How would you like to spend your ideal day off in London? Sitting on my sofa watching the rugby.
- Where would you take someone visiting from out of town? A tour of all the buildings i've worked on.
- What's the worst journey you've had to make in London? When the trains get delayed and part closures are a nightmare.
- What's your personal London landmark? Buckingham Palace.
- Who's your favourite fictional Londoner? Jack the ripper. (If you can class that as fictional)
- What's your favourite London film, book or documentary? I like panorama.
- If you could travel to any time period in London, past or future, where would you go? When Henry the 8th was in power because his life story is interesting.
- For you, who is the ultimate Londoner? Me of course.