John in Tower Hamlets is 21-30 and is MMA Cage Fighter.
John is Polish and has not lived in London for long, however he is enjoying life here and has thrown himself into one of London’s more underground sports – mixed martial arts cage fighting. This is his first ever competitive fight that took place at the Troxy in Limehouse with the promoter WCMMA. He has recently become a father to his baby daughter, born in December 2013.
Film Maker: Daniel Onyia, Mark Currie
Questions & Answers
- What's your first memory of London? Dirty. A lot of rubbish.
- What do you miss when you're away from London? The ability to make money easy. There's a lot of opportunity here.
- What's your favourite neighbourhood? Piccadilly Circus.
- What's your favourite building? The Shard.
- What's your ideal day out in London? Watching horse racing and dog racing, then betting money on the races.
- What's your ideal night out in London? Going to the Ministry of Sound.
- What's your most hated building? Any building that's very dirty.
- What's the best view in London? From the top of the Shard.
- What's your favourite open space? Richmond Park
- What's the most interesting shop? Harrods.
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? After winning my second fight I went out to celebrate with my friends.
- Where would you take someone visiting from out of town? All the sights of London. Tower Bridge, London Eye, Buckingham Palace.
- What's the worst journey you've had to make in London? A three hour bus journey from south to north London.
- What's your personal London landmark? Any gym I've trained in.
- What's your favourite London film, book or documentary? Green Street.
- If you could travel to any time period in London, past or future, where would you go? Into the future, when I'm champion and holding my belt. Everyone will be on my side.
- For you, who is the ultimate Londoner? My promoter/manager.