Jo is the Director of Broken Rainbows. A charity established in order to address the rising number of domestic abuse, within the LGBT community. Jo shares a harrowing experience in her past which led to her leaving her job as a social work and pursuing her quest to set up the charity.
Film Maker: Fenatrc
Questions & Answers
- What's your first memory of London? As a child travelling into London for the day with my Dad, it was busy and noisy, compared to my home town.
- What do you miss when you're away from London? Nothing. I don't miss London when I'm away from the capital. Although it is an amazing city.
- What's your favourite neighbourhood? Camden.
- What's your favourite building? The Shard.
- What's your ideal day out in London? Visiting a museum or a gallery and having a nice lunch out.
- What's your ideal night out in London? The last time I went out in London in the evening was during the summer, after Pride. I also sometimes visit the local pub near work.
- What's your most hated building? I don't have one.
- What's the best view in London? Walking over Waterloo Bridge, the view of the Houses of Parliament and the Shard juxtaposed with a medieval cathedral.
- What's your favourite open space? Primrose Hill.
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? After going out to the gay Idol at the Portrait gallery.
- How would you like to spend your ideal day off in London? I like to get out of London and take my dog for a walk on the beach.
- Where would you take someone visiting from out of town? It depends where they would like to go.
- What's the worst journey you've had to make in London? Taking my dog on the bus from Aldgate to Victoria, because he won't get on the tube.
- What's your personal London landmark? The Shard, because everywhere I have worked in London, I can always see it.
- Who's your favourite fictional Londoner? Sherlock Holmes.
- What's your favourite London film, book or documentary? Fingersmith by Sarah Walters.
- If you could travel to any time period in London, past or future, where would you go? Victorian times.
- For you, who is the ultimate Londoner? Ken Livingstone.