Gail is a professional painter and printmaker of contemporary London landscapes. Much of her work depicts the London transport network and the journeys made across the city on tubes and trains. She works in her studio right by the Thames Barrier at Second Floor Studio and Arts in Woolwich.
Related articles across the web
Film Maker: Alex Brodholt
Questions & Answers
- What's your first memory of London? Going down Petticoat Lane with my Mum shopping.
- What do you miss when you're away from London? The energy.
- What's your favourite neighbourhood? Southbank.
- What's your favourite building? Kings Cross Railway Station.
- What's your ideal day out in London? A gallery visit.
- What's your ideal night out in London? A night at the Chelsea Arts Club.
- What's your most hated building? The Walkie Talkie.
- What's the best view in London? From the new platforms at Blackfriars train station.
- What's your favourite open space? Chelsea Physic Garden.
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? Chelsea Arts Club
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? Millenium Eve.
- How would you like to spend your ideal day off in London? At home.
- Where would you take someone visiting from out of town? Tate Modern, across the Millennium Bridge to St Pauls and down the river to Greenwich to see the Cutty Sark.
- What's the worst journey you've had to make in London? The day after the Great Storm.
- What's your personal London landmark? The London Eye.
- Who's your favourite fictional Londoner? Peggy Mitchell.
- What's your favourite London film, book or documentary? Rivers of London by Ben Aaronovitch.
- If you could travel to any time period in London, past or future, where would you go? 1960s.
- For you, who is the ultimate Londoner? Samuel Pepys.