Elisa, a horticulturist at Kew Gardens, is one of very few Londoners to work in 10 different climates on a daily basis: from tropical rainforest to savanna desert. She loves nature and is especially happy around Cacti…
Film Maker: Sasha Langford
Questions & Answers
- What's your first memory of London? Looking down to the river from Tower Bridge
- What do you miss when you're away from London? It's a really interesting city because you get everything - so many opportunities, you can get any type of food... In Italy you only have one or two options and the same for music
- What's your favourite neighbourhood? Brixton
- What's your favourite building? The Gherkin - I used to live in Old Street and and used it to orientate myself.
- What's your ideal day out in London? Southbank on a nice day and then probably stop for a nice lunch or breakfast and walk through Hyde Park or Holland Park.
- What's your ideal night out in London? Hootananny in Brixton with my friends or sometimes Fabric - but I'm not that young anymore!
- What's your most hated building? I don't think I have one
- What's the best view in London? From the pagoda at Kew- it's such a green view of the city.
- What's your favourite open space? It has to be Kew.
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? Doso - a sushi place in Frith Street Soho
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? In Brixton on my birthday a few years ago - we ended up in a pop up club.
- How would you like to spend your ideal day off in London? Same as day out.
- Where would you take someone visiting from out of town? Camden Town - as there's a bit of everything and it's quite fun
- What's the worst journey you've had to make in London? It was the 26th Dec - I was coming back from Gatwick and there was a strike so ended up getting 3 buses. Terrible!
- What's your personal London landmark? The Gherkin.
- Who's your favourite fictional Londoner? Poirot
- What's your favourite London film, book or documentary? The Italian Job
- If you could travel to any time period in London, past or future, where would you go? The Industrial Revolution - London was really the heart of it.
- For you, who is the ultimate Londoner? Someone quite fashionable and cultured - I don't know, maybe Kate Moss...