Elena is unique and charismatic; her work speaks about the need for design to construct meaning beyond aesthetic and function. Her projects bring science closer to people through every day products while promoting local manufacture, environmental awareness and ensuring gender equality when it comes to understanding technology.
Related articles across the web
Film Maker: Mars Creative
Questions & Answers
- What's your first memory of London? Graduate shows.
- What do you miss when you're away from London? The culture.
- What's your favourite neighbourhood? Shoreditch
- What's your favourite building? Battersea Power Station
- What's your ideal day out in London? A sunny day, not rushing around and enjoy walking to places.
- What's your ideal night out in London? Good friends, roof top views, food and a live event.
- What's your most hated building? Battersea Power Station as exclusive flats!
- What's the best view in London? The sunset from bridges.
- What's your favourite open space? Hampstead Heath
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? The Box Soho
- How would you like to spend your ideal day off in London? Swimming outdoors, Lido or Hampstead Heath.
- Where would you take someone visiting from out of town? Sushi Samba
- What's the worst journey you've had to make in London? Taking the tube.
- What's your personal London landmark? Barbican
- Who's your favourite fictional Londoner? Austin Powers
- What's your favourite London film, book or documentary? Match Point
- If you could travel to any time period in London, past or future, where would you go? Year 3000
- For you, who is the ultimate Londoner? Tom Dixon