Dina is a feminist Orthodox Jew and studying to become a rabbi. She is passionate about adopting a new approach to observing Judaism, offering pop up workshops and seminars outside the synagogue.
Film Maker: Daniel Onyia
Questions & Answers
- What's your first memory of London? I grew up in Italy and learned about London’s iconic places from my English textbook, on my first visit to London (when I was 12) my Dad drove us to Picadilly Circus and I was rather disappointed I could not spot Eros!
- What do you miss when you're away from London? The tidiness of the produce in the supermarkets
- What's your favourite neighbourhood? Marylebone High Street
- What's your favourite building? Broadcasting House on Portland Place, I love looking back at it from Oxford circus - it's design suggests a cruise liner
- What's your ideal day out in London? Walking from Regent's park, through Regent street down to Trafalgar square in the sunshine, than exploring some art!
- What's your ideal night out in London? Enjoying a play at the National Theatre or at Regent’s Park Open Air Theatre.
- What's the best view in London? Walking over Waterloo bridge at sunset or after dark.
- What's your favourite open space? My garden on a sunny day!
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? The outdoor cafe at the V&A
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? Picnic in Regent's Park with a friend visiting from abroad followed by Shakespeare under the stars
- How would you like to spend your ideal day off in London? In a museum or art gallery
- Where would you take someone visiting from out of town? To Waterloo bridge for the view
- What's the worst journey you've had to make in London? Getting caught in the rain wearing summery clothes and sandals before a meeting
- What's your personal London landmark? Nash's elegant architecture on Park Crescent Marylebone
- Who's your favourite fictional Londoner? Sherlock Holmes
- What's your favourite London film, book or documentary? Notting Hill
- If you could travel to any time period in London, past or future, where would you go? Swinging London (the 60s)
- For you, who is the ultimate Londoner? London is so eclectic you cannot point to one person!