Blaise in Hillingdon is 31-40 and is a filmmaker and founder of a charity.
Blaise is the founder of Make A Difference Entertainment, a charity that wants to give young people in London opportunities by learning them to create digital content. Blaise tells us how he decided to become a filmmaker and start MADE.
Film Maker: Uxbridge College Film Crew 6
Questions & Answers
- What do you miss when you're away from London? What I miss is the diversity of people that live in this city that's hard to capture elsewhere.
- What's your favourite neighbourhood? My favourite neighbourhood is Southall as it's where I grew up. It feels like home to me and there's not many places it like it in the UK.
- What's your favourite building? My favourite building is 20 Fenchurch Street. It has a sky garden with beautiful views of London. It's where I had my first date with my now ex!
- What's your ideal day out in London? My ideal day out in London is doing a bit of shopping and enjoying the sun with friends in one of the many parks.
- What's your ideal night out in London? Drinks with friends in Soho.
- What's your most hated building? The most hated building was my old high school because it wasn't the best time. It has since been demolished and rebuilt!
- What's the best view in London? From the Sky Garden mentioned earlier. I tried looking for my house but couldn't find it.
- What's your favourite open space? My favourite open space is Richmond Park. It's amazing to think such a huge, green space exists in London. They ever have deer there!
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? My favourite pub the Hare and Hounds in Isleworth. It has great food, decor and comfy sofas.
- What's been your most memorable night out in London? My first date with my now ex - watching the sunset from the top of a skyscraper.
- How would you like to spend your ideal day off in London? My ideal day off is to visit family and watch movies.
- Where would you take someone visiting from out of town? Depends who it was. If it was a gay friend definitely to Soho, if straight or family then possibly to Southall to eat.
- What's the worst journey you've had to make in London? Anything that involves a top deck of a bus with loud school children listening to crap music and cursing.
- What's your personal London landmark? The Thames, as I always look for it in case I get lost when driving to follow my way home.
- Who's your favourite fictional Londoner? Probably Janine Butcher from Eastenders because who doesn't like a good bitch.
- What's your favourite London film, book or documentary? Favourite London Film is Bend It Like Beckham. It captures perfectly the area I'm from, the kinds of people I grew up around.
- If you could travel to any time period in London, past or future, where would you go? Definitely would go into the future. I believe this city is getting better with time and can't wait to see the new developments, technologies and skyscrapers.
- For you, who is the ultimate Londoner? The London Mayor - Sadiq Khan